My dog swallowed something. What should I do?

Q

My dog swallowed something. What should I do?

A

The answer may lie in on both the size of your dog and what was swallowed.  For small, rounded objects that have been swallowed within 30 minutes, hydrogen peroxide can be administered orally.  Call your veterinarian to get dosing amounts based upon your dog’s size.

For sharp objects or caustic solutions, vomiting may cause unwanted damage to the digestive tract.  In those situations, you’ll need to be seen for an immediate veterinary exam and probable x-rays.  In the most challenging situations, surgery would be required.

For any questions with your pet’s digestive needs, give us a call. 330-650-2929

Dr. Bob